Veterans Day 2016 specials at KC-area restaurants – The KC Star
On Veterans Day, many restaurants and retailers are saying thank you to veterans and active military members with special discounts. Many of the offers require proof of I.D. or a uniform; be sure to check ahead.
▪ Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City: Free lunch at Horizons Buffet from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
▪ Applebee’s: Free meal from a selection of seven entrees.
▪ Back Yard Burgers: Free Classic Burger.
▪ Bar Louie: Free entree up to $12.
▪ Barley’s Kitchen + Tap: Free entree.
▪ Baskin-Robbins: For every ice cream scoop sold in the U.S. on Veterans Day, the chain will donate 11 cents to United Service Organizations (USO).
▪ Blue Moose Bar & Grill: Free entree.
▪ Bob Evans Farms: Free meal from a special menu.
▪ Bonefish Grill: Free Bang Bang shrimp.
▪ Buffalo Wild Wings: Free order of wings and a side of fries.
▪ California Pizza Kitchen: Free entree from the Veterans Day menu.
▪ Chili’s: Free meal from a special menu.
▪ Chipotle Mexican Grill: Buy-one-get-one promotion from 3 p.m. to close. The offer is valid on one menu item — burritos, bowls, salads and taco — in-store purchases only.
▪ Cleaver & Cork: 15 percent off.
▪ Cracker Barrel: Free slice of Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake, dine-in only.
▪ Famous Dave’s barbecue: Free two-meal combo.
▪ Fazoli’s: Free “build-your-own” pasta.
▪ 54th Street Grill & Bar: Free entree up to $12 in value.
▪ Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers: It will hand out a card for a free combo meal to all veterans and active-duty military. The card is valid through Nov. 30.
▪ Gordon Biersch: Free appetizer through Sunday.
▪ Hooters: Free meal from a special menu with drink purchase, dine-in only.
▪ Houlihan’s: Free entree, valued up to $15, for lunch or dinner with purchase of an additional entree.
▪ IHOP: Free “red, white and blue” buttermilk pancakes with glazed strawberries, blueberry compote and whipped topping until 7 p.m.
▪ Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar Kansas City: 40 percent off meal.
▪ Krispy Kreme: Free doughnut (any variety) and a small coffee
▪ Little Caesars: Free Hot-N-Ready lunch combo from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
▪ LongHorn Steakhouse: Free appetizer or dessert (no purchase required, no restrictions) and 10 percent off for customers dining with veterans.
▪ O’Dowd’s: Free entree, dine-in only.
▪ Olive Garden: Free entrée from a special menu.
▪ On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina: Free meal.
▪ Outback Steakhouse: Free Bloomin’ Onion and Coca-Cola beverage. Outback also is offering active and former service members 15 percent off their meals and their immediate families’ meals from Nov. 12 through Dec. 31.
▪ Q39 barbecue: One free appetizer with the purchase of one entree.
▪ Red Lobster: Free appetizer or dessert.
▪ Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews: Free Red’s Tavern Double Burger with Bottomless Steak Fries.
▪ Rock & Brews: Free pulled pork sandwich.
▪ Ruby Tuesday: Free appetizer.
▪ Stroud’s: Free entree.
▪ Texas Roadhouse: Free lunch from a choice of 10 entrees from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
▪ YaYas Euro Bistro: 20 percent off meal.