On Veterans Day, many restaurants and retailers are saying thank you to veterans and active military members with special discounts. Many of the offers require proof of I.D. or a uniform; be sure to check ahead.
▪ Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City: Free lunch at Horizons Buffet from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
▪ Applebee’s: Free meal from a selection of seven entrees.
▪ Back Yard Burgers: Free Classic Burger.
▪ Bar Louie: Free entree up to $12.
▪ Barley’s Kitchen + Tap: Free entree.
▪ Baskin-Robbins: For every ice cream scoop sold in the U.S. on Veterans Day, the chain will donate 11 cents to United Service Organizations (USO).
▪ Blue Moose Bar & Grill: Free entree.
▪ Bob Evans Farms: Free meal from a special menu.
▪ Bonefish Grill: Free Bang Bang shrimp.
▪ Buffalo Wild Wings: Free order of wings and a side of fries.
▪ California Pizza Kitchen: Free entree from the Veterans Day menu.
▪ Chili’s: Free meal from a special menu.
▪ Chipotle Mexican Grill: Buy-one-get-one promotion from 3 p.m. to close. The offer is valid on one menu item — burritos, bowls, salads and taco — in-store purchases only.
▪ Cleaver & Cork: 15 percent off.
▪ Cracker Barrel: Free slice of Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake, dine-in only.
▪ Famous Dave’s barbecue: Free two-meal combo.
▪ Fazoli’s: Free “build-your-own” pasta.
▪ 54th Street Grill & Bar: Free entree up to $12 in value.
▪ Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers: It will hand out a card for a free combo meal to all veterans and active-duty military. The card is valid through Nov. 30.
▪ Gordon Biersch: Free appetizer through Sunday.
▪ Hooters: Free meal from a special menu with drink purchase, dine-in only.
▪ Houlihan’s: Free entree, valued up to $15, for lunch or dinner with purchase of an additional entree.
▪ IHOP: Free “red, white and blue” buttermilk pancakes with glazed strawberries, blueberry compote and whipped topping until 7 p.m.
▪ Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar Kansas City: 40 percent off meal.
▪ Krispy Kreme: Free doughnut (any variety) and a small coffee
▪ Little Caesars: Free Hot-N-Ready lunch combo from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
▪ LongHorn Steakhouse: Free appetizer or dessert (no purchase required, no restrictions) and 10 percent off for customers dining with veterans.
▪ O’Dowd’s: Free entree, dine-in only.
▪ Olive Garden: Free entrée from a special menu.
▪ On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina: Free meal.
▪ Outback Steakhouse: Free Bloomin’ Onion and Coca-Cola beverage. Outback also is offering active and former service members 15 percent off their meals and their immediate families’ meals from Nov. 12 through Dec. 31.
▪ Q39 barbecue: One free appetizer with the purchase of one entree.
▪ Red Lobster: Free appetizer or dessert.
▪ Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews: Free Red’s Tavern Double Burger with Bottomless Steak Fries.
▪ Rock & Brews: Free pulled pork sandwich.
▪ Ruby Tuesday: Free appetizer.
▪ Stroud’s: Free entree.
▪ Texas Roadhouse: Free lunch from a choice of 10 entrees from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
▪ YaYas Euro Bistro: 20 percent off meal.